There are some simple everyday habits that cause hair loss. Losing a few hair strands every now and then is natural but if you are losing them too often and too much, then maybe some of your habits are to be blamed.
If you have noticed hair on your bed after waking up, then it is a symptom of hair loss. What causes hair loss? Well, though aging can be a natural factor that contributes, other habits may also increase the risk.
In fact your food, your hygiene, climatic exposure, your hair care routine, the products you use on your hair and even your hair style are some factors that may add up to the loss of hair.
In some rare cases, shock and anxiety can also cause hair loss. intense trauma can also make one lose hair quite rapidly.
Then, how to prevent hair loss? Well, by making slight changes to the habits that make you lose hair, you can minimise the hair fall up to an extent.
8 Habits That Cause Hair Loss
- Hair Products
- Some of the hair products that you are using may be the culprits. It is better to talk to your dermatologist if you have observed hair loss after using a particular product.
- Stress is a killer. Yes, it can cause hair loss too. Intense emotional stress can lead to hair fall on a worrying scale.
- Hot Showers
- Hot water isn’t good for your skin and hair. Your hair and scalp become dry as the natural oils get washed out.
- Blow Drying
- Even hair dryers can inflict their share in the hair damage. The hot air isn’t good for the health of your hair just like hot water. Try to control the habit.
- Wet Hair
- Don’t be in a hurry to brush when your hair is still wet after shower. This can be the very cause of your hair loss.
- Tight pony tails and pulling your hair roughly can also lead to hair loss. If you have the habit of pulling your hair daily, it is better to go easy on your hair.
- Well, sometimes hair fall can also be simply due to the medicines you take. If you are under medication, you physician can give you advice.
- If you have the habit of eating more of junk food and less of nutritious food then your food habits must be the reason behind your hair loss. prev next Show Thumbnail Read More